No foreigners, thank you
Not qualified

Getting the message

I liked this story from The Guardian.  Someone took revenge on cable company NTL by changing the message on their automated phone system to something a little rude.

The gentleman was charged with "making a grossly offensive message".  Fortunately the magistrates decided that what he done was merely "offensive" and acquitted him.

Telephone "help lines" do seem to upset a lot of people.  The same newspaper has a rant about the "painting by numbers" approach of so many so-called technical help desks. Yes that probably works for 98% of the problems, but it drives the other 2% of callers quietly mad.   

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)