« Back | Main | A moral and legal limbo »

April 12, 2012


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


A Conservative in UK is a Tory - there is no difference.

However imho the use of terminology used in USA is NOT the same as in UK. A Conservative in UK does not equal a Conservative in the USA. Likewise using the word Libertine seems to have different usage in USA compared to UK.


Yes Conservative in US terms is a different beast. But this was a piece by a British journalist about British politics.


Well these days - that's what you get for your money matey.

Mark simon

This is Mark Simon of Next Media, just wanted to say we enjoy your blog and it helps us put some perspective on expat community in Hong Kong. My one sided view in things is not enough, so I send our news folks to this blog from time to time.


Priivate Beach

I think Libertine means the same on both sides of the Atlantic. it's Libertarian which differs in meaning.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)